Prime Day 2020 may not officially start until next week, but that doesn’t mean you have to wait for savings. The best offers may not appear until October 13 and 14, but there are still plenty of deals to be had right now. We’ll run you through a few of our favorite picks — as if you needed more reason to start your holiday shopping early.
Many of the best early deals are on Amazon’s own products and services, so there’s never been a better time to try Prime. We’ve included some of our favorites that are active now, as well as a few select deals that will start in the coming days.
Amazon Prime Day 2020 – quick facts
- Amazon Prime Day lasts 48 hours this year, kicking off on Tuesday, October 13. There are also competitor events this year from Walmart and Target.
- You’ll need an active Prime subscription, though there are plenty of ways to get it for cheap or even free.
- If you want to learn others’ way to make the most out of Prime, we have a handy guide to help you save big!
Amazon Prime Day 2020 – Our top recommended deals!
Save big on rentals and purchases from Amazon Prime Video
Looking to buff up your movie collection, or just rent something good? Amazon Prime Video is already offering deep discounts for both rentals and purchases of movies and TV shows ahead of Prime Day 2020. Here are just a few discounts you can get for purchasing films and TV series:
- The Hunger Games – $6.99
- Django Unchained – $4.99
- Total Recall – $4.99
- Rick and Morty Season 4 – $9.99
- Doctor Who Season 12 – $9.99
In addition, there are a ton of movies you can rent from Amazon Prime Video for 48 hours right now for just $1.99 or even 99 cents. You’ll find plenty of movies beyond the ones mentioned above, with most going on sale for around $5-$6.
Finally, you can even try out a number of streaming services on Amazon Prime Video’s channels for just 99 cents per month for two months. They include movie services like Epix and Lifetime Movie Club, movie and TV streaming services like PBS Masterpiece and Sundance Now. and other services like Motortrend and A&E Crime Central. You can check out all the Amazon Prime Video deals right now at the link below:
Amazon Prime Day 2020 – Active deals
Streaming music, movies, and shows
Get four months of Prime Music Unlimited for just $.99 (savings of over $30!)
It’s the perfect way to see what Prime Music Unlimited can offer —ad-free streaming, unlimited skips, and more. You can also follow all of your favorite podcasts too and download your favorite episodes. Once your subscription ends, you’ll go back to paying the standard $7.99 Prime member rate, but you just might find that it’s your new favorite service.
Smartphones and tablets
Get the Galaxy Note 20 5G for $799 (Save $200)
The recently released Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G is already available at a deep discount on Amazon ahead of Prime Day. You can save $200 when getting the unlocked version for just $799.
More smartphone and tablet sales
You can save big on other unlocked smartphones and tablets. Here are some of the best sales:
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE for $599 (Save $100)
- Samsung Galaxy S71 5G for $499 (Save $100)
- Moto Razr 5G for $1,199 (Save $200)
- Moto One Zoom for $319 (Save $130)
- TCL 10L for $209 (Save $40)
- OnePlus 8 Pro for $899 (Save $100)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite for $279 (Save $70)
- Apple iPad Mini for $349 (Save $50)
- Kindle Paperwhite Essentials Bundle for $169.97 (Save $20)
Smart home devices
Pick up two Echo Dots for $39 (Save $39)
Amazon’s Echo speakers are a key part of any smart home setup, so Prime Day is a perfect time to hone your setup. You can grab a pair of hockey puck-sized Dot speakers for just $39 when you use the promo code DOTPRIME2PK at checkout. Sound like a good price? You’re basically getting an Echo Dot completely for free.
- Save up to 35% on select Roborock vacuums
- Grab TP-Link Kasa outlets and switches up to 48% off
- Get the Amazon Echo Show 5 for $44.99 ($45 off)
Television and monitors
Get Amazon Fire TV smart TVs and sticks and save up to $100
Amazon is cutting prices on its already affordable Fire TV smart televisions and sticks ahead of Prime Day 2020. Here’s some of the best deals:
- Toshiba 32-inch Fire TV for $119.99 ($60 off)
- Toshiba 55-inch Fire TV for $299.99 ($150 off)
- Insignia 50-inch Fire TV for $249.99 ($100 off)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K for $24.99 ($24 off with promo code 4KFIRETV)
More smart TV and monitor sales
- LG 75-inch Smart TV for $996.99 ($100 off)
- TCL 50-inch Roku TV for $279.99 ($200 off)
- Sony 65-inch OLED TV for $3,298 ($200 off)
- TCL 32 Inch Roku TV for $129.99 ($70 off)
- LG 77-inch OLED TV for $3,696 ($200 off)
- BenQ 28-inch monitor for $299 ($199 off)
Get Apple AirPods Pro for $219
You can grab a pair of Apple’s high-end AirPods Pro for $219 right now, which comes to $30 off. They’re a premium set of truly wireless earbuds, and they come with soft rubber tips that should mold to your ears for maximum comfort. While $219 is still quite a large chunk of change, it’s a solid saving considering that Apple rarely runs sales of its own.
We’ve compared Apple’s best to just about every other pair of wireless earbuds under the sun, so you can always read our comparisons before you buy:
More audio deals
There’s plenty more audio discounts on Amazon ahead of Prime Day. Here are some of the best
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus for $149.99 ($20 off)
- Beats Solo Pro Headphones for $199.95 ($100 off)
- Bose Home Speaker 300 for $199.99 ($50 off)
Laptops and accessories
Check out some great Amazon deals on some excellent laptops and accessories
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7 for $790 ($109 off)
- Asus Vivobook 15 for $479.99 ($70 off)
- Apple MacBook Air for $949.99 ($50 off)
- Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch for $2,099 ($200 off)
- Razer Mamba mouse for $59.99 ($30 off)
- Logitech G903 wireless mouse for $99.99 ($50 off)
- Save $50 on Audible Premium Plus
- Get three months of Amazon Kids Plus for $.99
- Save 50% on six months of Kindle Unlimited
- Pick up a refurbished Kindle for $49
- Spend $10 at Whole Foods and you’ll get $10 back to use on Prime Day. Learn more here.
- Garmin Vivoactive 4 Smartwatch for $295.65 (Save $54)
Amazon Prime Day 2020 – Upcoming deals
There are plenty of great Amazon Prime Day deals coming up in the near future. Below are just a few that we know about.
- Nokia 5.3 for $164 (Save $35 – Oct. 11-18)
- Nokia 2.3 for $99 (Save $30 – Oct. 11-18)
- Nokia 1.3 for $79 (Save $20 – Oct. 11-18)
- Impact Protection Case for Galaxy S20 (50% off)
- Impact Protection Case for iPhone X (50% off)
- Catalyst Screen Protectors (50% off)
- Waterproof Case for iPhone XS (55% off)
That’s all we have for the time being, but we’ll be sure to add several upcoming and new deals as we tick closer to Prime Day 2020’s official start. In the meantime, we always have a number of deals for you to check out from other retailers beyond just Amazon. Here’s some of the best deals we can find right now: